STEEL COMMUNAL ENTRANCE DOORS
Providing an attractive yet secure main entrance to any building, HM Group’s Steel Communal Entrance Doors are able to withstand heavy use and vandalism.
Howard Mitchell’s range of communal doors is suitable for all public buildings, including front and rear entrances on communal accommodations, schools and offices.
COMMUNAL ENTRANCE DOORS INFORMATION
- Heavy-duty door closers return the door to the neutral position, whilst concealed electromagnetic locks provide automatic locking
- Electronic door openings are available
- An extra strong, continuous hinge means safety from trapped fingers and improved weight distribution throughout
- Strengthened frame and door construction – fully welded for added strength, with galvanised welding to prevent rusting
- Concealed door closers improve the look of the doors whilst also reducing the risk of vandalism to them
- An integral anti-jemmy strip defends the locking mechanism of the door from attack with crowbars and other levers
- Vision panels are available for installation within the door. Side panels are also available to enhance the overall appearance and add extra light to entranceways
- We also have a wide selection of options and extras to customise your doors to individual requirements, including letter boxes, spy viewers and more
COMMUNAL ENTRANCE ACCREDITATIONS
- Secured by design – the UK police flagship initiative, combining the principles of ‘designing out crime’ with physical security, creating high-security standards. This is awarded when a product demonstrates its effectiveness in preventing or reducing crime, passing all designated tests provided by the police force. Click here to see our Secured by Design membership page.
- Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB) – Third-party testing of products, confirming they meet certain criteria. LPS 2081 and PAS 24 evaluate the resistance of physical security products, including simulated attacks using crowbars, bolt cutters, cold chisels and various other tools
COMMUNAL DOOR SPECIFICATION
- 1.6mm zintec steel (plus 2mm option)
- Folded 45mm thick leaf
- Composite Dufaylite honeycomb core
- 2mm zintec steel
- 140mm deep
- 125mm transom
- Integral fixing plates
- Teardrop rubber seals
2450 mm high X 1220mm wide – Please note: For entrances above the maximum size quoted above, panels are recommended
Unfinished zintec as standard, primed or powder coating is available in a wide choice of colours plus an anti-vandal finish is available.
For a full range of available colours see our colour chart.
HARDWARE OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- 300kg/600kg magnetic locks with a fail mechanism
- Electric strike locks
- Concealed door closers
- Automatic door opener with switch, swipe, keypad or key fob options
- Glazing with Georgian wired, laminate, polycarbonate and ‘Optiguard’ options
- Kick plate/push plate, pull handles
- Additional deadlocks
- Fireman’s switch
- Single leaf outward opening doors are recommended for the greatest security