STEEL FIRE EXIT DOORS WITH STEEL FRAMES
Howard Mitchell provide Steel Fire Exit Doors for external openings on agricultural, industrial and commercial buildings, allowing for rapid personnel exit in the event of fire or emergency.
HM Group Fire Exits can be manufactured as single fire exit doors, leaf and half fire exit doors and double fire exit doors configurations with a wide range of colours, vision panels, louvres and door furniture available for every need.
STEEL FIRE EXIT DOOR SPECIFICATION
FIRE EXIT LEAF
- Manufactured from 1.2mm zintec steel
- Folded 45mm thick leaf with composite Dufaylite honeycomb core
- Integral anti-jemmy strip to defend against crowbar attack
FIRE EXIT DOOR FRAME
- Manufactured from 1.6mm zintec steel
- Easy fit adjustable frame as standard – includes 10 adjusters
- Internal hinge chassis system for extra strength
- Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant aluminium threshold – 13mm as standard
FIRE EXIT DOOR HINGES
- Minimum of 4 high-quality stainless steel hinges (BS 1935.2002 grade 13) – larger doors have 6 hinges
FIRE EXIT DOOR DOG BOLTS
- Minimum of 6 no. 17.5mm solid steel dog bolts – 9 on larger doors
- Wide choice of standard RAL colours. You can view these here. Non-standard RAL colours are also available, however, there will be an additional charge for the paint
- Wide selection of locks, handles, closers, limit stays etc.
- Louvres or glazing with Georgian wired glass, polycarbonate or laminate available in a range of shapes and sizes
Fire exit doors must be kept unlocked when the building is occupied so that in the event of emergency personnel can just push the panic bar or pad and exit the building as quickly as possible.
However, HMG Fire Exits can be fitted with an external access facility (in the form of a lockable handle or knob) enabling the door to be used as an entry/exit door but still have the fire exit facility.
As a designated fire exit, a fire exit door must open outwards.
Our doors are fitted with dog bolts and integral anti-jemmy strips as standard, providing a secure door as well as a fully functional emergency escape.
MANUFACTURING AND DELIVERY
Every HMG Fire Exit Door is individually designed and manufactured to your specific requirements. You won’t be expected to wait 4-6 weeks for a made-to-measure door, as is common with many companies. With HM Group’s Fire Exit Doors we can guarantee a rapid turnaround – usually within 15 days.
Howard Mitchell Fire Exit doors are manufactured in the UK with high-quality British steel, using the latest CNC machinery – that means that the doors are a precision-made product, produced exactly to the millimetre. HMG Security doors are extremely well-engineered and will have a long life in even the toughest of environments.
ADVANTAGES OF STEEL FIRE EXIT DOORS
An HMG Steel Fire Exit Door will provide rapid personnel exit as well as have better security advantages over traditionally constructed doors in timber, aluminium, composite or PVC. HMG Steel Fire Exit Doors are robust and strong, and when installed correctly can be extremely difficult to breach.
Modern hollow steel doors offer a solid, secure solution that looks good too. Steel Fire Exit doors can be fitted with the same optional extras as exit doors such as letter boxes, spy viewers, kick plates, vision panels, and louvred panels for ventilation. For larger openings, fixed side panels and top panels are also available, which can be solid or glazed.
GET YOUR FREE, NO OBLIGATION QUOTE TODAY
Call Howard Mitchell on 0115 882 0992 for free advice or to get your quote today. Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – feel free to send over any drawings or plans for our reference.