STEEL SUBSTATION DOORS / BIN STORE DOORS
HM Group’s range of Steel Substation Doors and Bin Store Doors are specifically designed for remote sites where ventilation is required and vandalism is anticipated.
Applications include replacement of wooden doors on electricity substations, bin stores and other remote storage facilities.
STEEL SUBSTATION DOORS / BIN STORE DOORS – INFORMATION
- Zintec steel door and frame for strength and durability
- Choice of door and frame thicknesses and louvre configurations to suit a wide variety of different security and ventilation requirements, including punched louvres and full louvers
- Heavy duty stainless steel lift-off hinges for improved access – a minimum of 3 per leaf
- Integrated 17.5mm diameter dog bolts for extra rigidity on the hinged side – minimum of 2 per leaf
- Integral anti-jemmy strip, protecting the locking mechanism from attack with crowbars and other levers
- Teardrop weather seals on 3 sides to prevent weathering ingress
- A wide choice of hardware options and extras to suit every requirement
- Choice of unfinished zintec, primer or powder coating in a wide choice of standard RAL colours – non-standard colours are also available, however please note these will incur an additional charge for the paint
- Anti-vandal paint as an optional extra
SUBSTATION DOORS / BIN STORE DOORS – SPECIFICATION
- Door leaf 1.2mm
- Door frame 1.6mm
- Cill profile standard
- Door leaf double pan construction welded and riveted with a composite Dufaylite honeycomb core
- Door configuration single leaf, double, bifold or trifold
- Frame depth – 90mm
- Leaf thickness – 45mm
- Maximum Structural Opening Size – 2800mm wide x 2950mm high – side and top panels can be provided for larger openings
BENEFITS WHEN CHOOSING STEEL SUBSTATION / BIN STORE DOORS
Both the frame and door leaves are constructed without welding to maintain anti-corrosive properties. With the frame and door made from zintec steel with stainless steel hinges and hard wearing polyester powder paint finish, the door is less prone to rusting, providing an all-round durable solution. Howard Mitchell recommends outward opening doors for greater security, as these are more difficult for potential attackers to ‘kick-in’.
Steel, Louvred Substation and Bin Store doors are more cost effective and more durable alternative to wooden doors, which are commonly used on plant and substations. The added strength and durability will increase the lifespan of your doors and save on replacement costs over time.
The door leaf is manufactured with an integral anti-jemmy strip and high security, solid steel dog bolts. These provide additional protection for the locking system, deterring unauthorised access. Locking bars are optional for added protection to external locking systems.
The lightweight construction and lift off hinges provide for easier installation, whilst being manufactured to comply with lifting regulations.
EASY ACCESS FOR LARGE MACHINERY
The option of a removable top transom panel provides greater access for plant machinery. Class 1 doors are available in extra wide, bi-folding and tri-folding configurations as well as the standard single, leaf & half and double doors.
REINFORCED FRAME PROFILE
Our Substation and Bin Store door frames are secured to the wall structure through pre-punched fixing holes, which are concealed from view.
ADVANTAGES OF VENTILATED (LOUVRED) DOOR LEAVES
Ventilation can be provided by punched louvres on the outer skin of the door leaf and slots on the inner skin (60mm wide which protrude 5mm). Leaves can be half or fully louvred depending on specifications required.
Small louvred slots on the front and slots on the back of the door prevent the entry of small animals into your substation or bin store area.
ADVANTAGES OF STEEL SUBSTATION / BIN STORE DOORS
A HMG Steel Substation / Bin Store Door will provide many advantages over traditional constructed doors in timber, aluminum, composite or pvc. A hollow metal door will be much stronger and more secure. Steel Security Doors are also a visual deterrent as anyone considering breaking and entering is more likely to attack a weaker timber, aluminum or composite door.
GET YOUR FREE, NO OBLIGATION QUOTE TODAY
Call Howard Mitchell on 0115 882 0992 for free advice or to get your quote today. Alternatively, email us at email@example.com – feel free to send over any drawings or plans for our reference.